The # character in front of a link specifies that the link is pointing to an anchor on a page instead of a normal link.
To create an anchor link, you need to:
- Create the anchor itself
- Create the link that points to the anchor
1. Use an Embed Code element to create the anchor.
- An anchor looks like this: <a name="PageSection"></a>
- You can also use a div tag: <div id="PageSection"></div>
2. You can create the anchor link by either creating an External Link page and inserting the anchor link as the external link, or you can create a hyperlink with a text element.
- An anchor link as an External Page looks like this: http://yourtravelagency.com/#PageSection
- An anchor link as a hyperlink looks like this:
- <a href="#PageSection">Link Text Here</a> (on the same page)
- <a href="pagename.html#PageSection">Link Text Here</a> (on a different page)